Saturday, April 24, 2010

Freesound.org

So having done sound a number of times I have searched the internet hundreds of times for a sound bank that has everything I want. An online site that has sound samples that real people like me have uploaded for the benefit of everyone. Until this show I have never come across that site. I have sifted through pages and pages of Google searches and have never been that impressed with any of the pages I've found. Sure, there have been some sites that have a couple of gems, but nothing that really blew my skirt up.

I spoke with a great friend that I play ComedySportz with who is also really into film production. He told me about this glorious site called freesound.org. It is a database of Thousands of FREE sound effects recorded by amateurs and professionals alike and uploaded to the site. An easy search and BAM! you have a plethora of sounds at your fingertips to download. They are easily manipulated in Audacity (another must for strapped-for-cash theaters) and have a polished, professional sound.

So get out there. Check this baby out. It will change the way you find sound effects. At least it did for me...

No comments: