Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer escapeth me...

I'm uncertain as to how this happened. I had planned on having a great deal more room to breath at the end of a massive project push for my day job which wrapped up at the end of May. But since then things have only seemed to have ratcheted up to an absurd pace. You know that dream where you show up to work only to realize you aren't wearing pants. This scenario has become a real life active concern for me. I've had to reschedule a VO session 4 times in the last 24 hours. I feel as though I'm constantly putting out a thousand fires, half of which I helped start in the first place. I'm no longer forgetting what happened during the day a week ago, now I"m just forgetting the entire week. Someone once told me that time moves faster as you get older but this is getting a little absurd. I feel like I blink on Monday morning and when I open my eyes it's Monday morning the following week. I have a feeling that if this acceleration of time continues by the time I'm 50 I may generate a dimensional rift that sucks me into an alternate universe where people have tentacles on the backs of their knees and Carrot Top is President.

In other news I received offical word that USP got its MRAC grant for our 2011 season. Which is weird because I could have sworn I just turned that thing in a couple of days ago. Wait...which month is this?

No comments: