Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tuesday Samurai - I Still Think It's Tuesday

I have a sad confession to make. I have no idea what day it is. I literally thought yesterday was Monday and today was Tuesday. And it's been happening to me all week! At work today someone mentioned a meeting that occurs every Wednesday and my reaction was, "That's today?" So even though I've been reminded what day it actually is all day, I still sat down to write the Tuesday Samurai on my night off...which is always Wednesday.

What is my point? As usual, it's hard to tell in the beginning. But this week it's simple: I'm a moron.

And you know what? I'm going to embrace being a moron today. Maybe it will make me famous. As summer has unofficially began, I've been noticing all the advertisements for television's "summer season", which has traditionally been lighter fare. That's all well and good, I guess, but every summer I feel like there are even more reality-based shows. I say "based" because they aren't reality shows to me. A good reality show is something that requires talent, like Dancing With the Stars or Top Chef. What I have no interest in is what the Kardashian girls are up to today. Why do I even know who these people are? They are famous for absolutely no reason.

So, I'm going to give myself the day to do something stupid, none of which I'm being paid to put on camera, and tomorrow I'm going to wake up fresh and ready to embrace the fact that it's Thursday, not Wednesday.

My goal for the summer? Turn off the TV and see more theater. I encourage you all to do the same.

Perhaps I'll actually blog on the right day next week...

Ryan Grimes
Managing Director
Urban Samurai Productions

No comments: