Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This Is How Plays Don't Get Written...

Since I last blogged

I saw and wrote reviews for the Twin Cities Daily Planet on "Le Squat" (Friday), "Baby With The Bathwater" (Saturday), and "The Mystery of Irma Vep" (Tuesday).

Worked the full-time day job the usual Monday through Friday, plus shifts at the Guthrie box office on Saturday and Sunday.

Started a project on my family to share with my goddaughter Ursula (we'll all feel more like sharing if we agree it's for a 1 year old).

Posted some new material on my website (the front page of which is in the limbo of redesign/software failure) - some scenes I've developed for The Flowershop Project's collaboration with Project 515 about civil rights for gay couples in Minnesota, one scene of which is being performed at Gay Pride on Sunday, the full singing/dancing/acting extravaganza will be on the Patrick's Cabaret stage in the fall.

A marketing/development meeting for the Samurai last night.

And the ongoing prep for blogging about this year's Minnesota Fringe Festival

However, since I have a meeting scheduled with director Matt Greseth on "Leave" for July 1, I'd best have some actual progress on the script to share.

So, enough blogging.

Time to actually start writing a play again.

Next week, a blog about actual rewrites. That's the goal anyway.

No comments: