Monday, June 14, 2010

That's right, deal with it.

I'm back. I was gone, but now I've returned, and you're just gonna have to live with it. And I know deep down you are relieved, that you missed me, that you were wondering after my well being. Well you can rest easy, friend, I'm here.

Where did I go? It's a long and interesting tale. Actually not at all. I simply got so focused on performing Bright Ideas that I forgot that Sunday is the day I'm supposed to blog. And once I was out of the habit, well... you get the picture.

But I'm back to talk about something very important, something that you may previously been unaware of. Wait for it.

Wait...

Aaron Sorkin lies.

Yes, that's right. The playwright of A Few Good Men is deceiving you all. And he is very cunning with his half truths. Indeed, the cast of A Few Good Men is really almost entirely men. With a singular exception. So even the men part is not 100% accurate.

However, it's the FEW that I take issue with. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, this bitch of a show has a cast of thousands, or so it seems looking at it from the pay-roll end of things. Or from costumes. Or casting, though Matt could speak to that better than I. And this lie is so very blatant.

A. Few. Good. Men. That is the title of the play, Ladies and Gentlemen. The promise of the playwright to his unsuspecting audience. And then he proceeds to revel in his deceits by producing not just a few good men, but a shit ton of them, I'm not even kidding.

His only possible redemption would be if he were implying that of all the testosterone on the stage, only a few of them were actually GOOD. Then I could be satisfied, and would happily retract all previous accusations and abuses of character.

In closing, Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to say that none of this means anything, that I am not, in point of fact, angry with the playwright in any way, and am writing this entire diatribe in courtroom fashion, because, well, what we have here is a courtroom drama.

And if any of you want to pony up the paycheck for any of these 'few' good men, drop me a line.

No comments: