Saturday, June 19, 2010

A great first read...

I was bored at work today and decided to NOT work. Instead I read our play kicking of next season "Leave". Man, is it great already. I say already because if you have been reading this blog you know Our own Thursday Samurai has been hard at work adding and cutting and making this play even more stellar than it already is. If this keeps up we are going to have a mighty fine kick off to next season indeed!!!

Speaking of seasons, has anyone else announced theirs? I'm super curious to know what everyone else is excited for in the coming year. Other than our own stuff, I'm extremely excited to see "Next To Normal" when it comes through town.

SO!! Start commenting and tell me what you all want to see next year. I'm making it a personal goal to try and see at least one show a month. I need suggestions people :)

2 comments:

Erika said...

"Next to Normal" is pretty amazing--also looking forward to the tour stop. The "Hair" revival is also really great, so I'd also recommend that when it comes by. Other than that, I think Mixed Blood's entire season looks great--I'm especially looking forward to Aditi Kapil's "Agnes Under the Big Top" in February. Missed "God of Carnage" on B'way, so I'll check out the Guthrie's. I know several musical theater geeks looking forward to [title of show]. :)

Matthew said...

Thanks for the kind words about the script in its current form, Nate. I am endeavoring to build on "great already" and shoot for "more stellar" and "mighty fine" in a big way. On to the rewrites!

As for things I'm looking forward to, I'd say Savage Umbrella's next show, oddly enough, it is a show called "Leaves" (not the plural of my script title, it's from Walt Whitman's poetry, as in "... of Grass"). Fall 2010. I'm watching www.savageumbrella.org closely to get more info. Savage Umbrella is amazing.