Friday, July 2, 2010

my personal tech week

This coming week I will be entering my own personal tech week. Why? you may ask...well I am getting married in 8 short days, and to fellow samurai, Nate:) And as with any tech week that I have ever been involved in...I'm a little bit anxious.
That's silly, Shannon, why you've done so many tech weeks, you could probably work it out in your sleep by now! you may say...
I know, but that doesn't mean that I don't get all nervous and fear that I am forgetting something every time. My issue...the need for perfection. Yes, I do have reality checks that more than likely, not everything will go my way, or as planned. And contrary to popular belief, I'm totally fine with that. When I start tech for a show, I start with a picture in my mind of what I believe the director's intentions are. I have worked side by side the director, heard everything he said (even if he has changed his mind a million times), and can hear how he is saying notes to actors. It's weird and hard to explain, but perhaps that is why I am a stage manager, because of this weird quirk. Anyways, this is how I am going into this wedding tech week. I have a picture in my mind, from 9 months of discussions and planning, and I am looking for the same results as with a production on stage. Will everything go as perfectly as I see in my head? Probably not. And as I said before, I am totally ok with that. Just as long as it turns out alright, and people enjoy themselves at the wedding.
It is, afterall, a one night engagement!!

No comments: