Saturday, March 13, 2010

The sound guy

It has been weird not being in an Urban Samurai show for almost a year now. Since I had been in the first 6 or seven shows in a row, it has been an interesting experience focusing my work with the company on the technical aspect of our shows. I have to say that one of the most rewarding things I do for the company is sound design.

I like music. Literally anything. I have an eclectic mix of music that I assault the ears of fellow Samurai when we are building a set. It wouldn't be odd to hear some Doobie Brothers followed by a little Britney Spears with a little Evita mixed in there leading into Carmina Burana. I have used that to build many of the soundtracks you hear at pre-show and intermission. As a matter of fact, we are giving away one SamuraIpod during every show that will come with some CDs that have a collection of the music you hear. Pretty cool huh?

We decide tomorrow who will be taking what job for Bright Ideas. Hopefully I can once again create aural magic for this incredibly funny show. Have I mentioned it is going to be awesome? Well it will be. I can't wait for it.

"Bright Ideas" opens in 55 days (or 54 days using the other guy's counting)

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Chances are good you'll get your wish. Though I'm calling dibs on A Few Good Men. I'm a real sucker for drum cadences. Hooah!