Sunday, March 21, 2010

As with most of my comrades, it took me by surprise that today was my turn for the blogging. Good thing I remembered. I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of my thoughts.

As I sit here and drink this excellent cider (Crispin, in case you're wondering) I ponder on what it's like to be a geek. And I know I am one. I was told as much yesterday by Matt as I was eating dinner and reading a book. The conversation went as follows:

Matt: "I don't want you to take this the wrong way."
Me: *puzzled look*
Matt: "Well I'm guessing no one else in the cast went out and found a book about getting their 3 year old into Yale."
Me: *annoyance that he's making fun of my process, then crestfallen as I realize he's right.* I'm a geek.

I would like to say, though, that Toilet Training for Yale by Ralph Schoenstein, is a comedic book, a satirical poke at the rising tide of parents pushing their toddlers to academic excellence. And since Bright Ideas is similar, I thought it would make excellent reading. I'm not trying to make excuses for myself, though. I know I'm a geek. Any of my fellow samurai could site many examples, I'm sure.

I don't see the harm in research, however. It gets me in the mood, if ya know what I mean.

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

To do theatre, you dirty minded people! Gawd, the things I put up with around here!

*Slinks off to sulk and drink cider.*

Marcia, The gluten intolerant ninja

No comments: