Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tuesday Samurai - What Day Is It?

I've been slacking for the last month and I know it. And this week, I thought, "Ooh, I'll post on the blog this week!" And then I logged in today and realized it's Wednesday, not Tuesday, and that I'm a moron.

Well, what else is new?

OK, so here's the deal: It's been a crazy summer and I can't even believe it's almost over. Isn't that depressing? Sure, not as depressing as this disgusting weather we've been having (don't talk to me about humidity...it won't be a fun conversation), but all that time I thought I'd have this summer...GONE!

We start A Few Good Men rehearsals in the coming weeks. That production I thought was so far into the fall is now within reach. Seriously, where does the time go? I'll be assistant directing for the production, though my time with Men will be limited due to my commitment to perform in Minneapolis Musical Theatre's Evil Dead: The Musical. Fall will be yet another busy time of this year, but I probably wouldn't want it any other way.

One thing I'm going to do to try to kick back and relax before fall is our super awesome Urban Samurai Bowling FUNdraiser that is coming up on Wednesday, August 25th. The Park Tavern in St. Louis Park has donated their fine establishment to host bowling, karaoke, games, and just all-around merriment to celebrate Urban Samurai's Season 2010. It will be a blast and we hope to see all our supporters there.

But, let's be real. What I'm really stoked about is our raffle at the FUNdraiser. There's three prize packages up for grabs, each with its own theme. The grand jackpot includes a weekend stay at Mystic Lake and a giftcard for one of the many activities available at the resort. The prize packages also include tickets to the Guthrie, Theatre Unbound, Theatre Pro Rata, ComedySportz, Brave New Workshop, not to mention season passes for Urban Samurai's Season 2011.

Are you salivating yet? OK, here's the scoop. More information about the raffle, as well as a way to get your raffle tickets online (and advance admission to the event), is at our website. More specifically, http://www.urbansamurai.org/news.

Do it up!

Ryan Grimes
Managing Director
Urban Samurai Productions

No comments: