Sunday, August 22, 2010

FUNdraisers!

This is the first fundraiser I've ever been in charge of. It's also Urban Samurai's first fundraiser. Coincidence? I think not.

I can tell you that it has been a learning process. It has also been ulcerating. My ulcer is quite intelligent now.

But I think it will all be worthwhile when we come together on Wednesday to bowl and have a good time. Until then I'm sure I forgot at least one thing. I will remember this thing the night before. Or maybe on the drive there.

I truly hope a lot of people come, and that everyone has a good time. Cause at the end of the day, it's about the fun. Well, actually it's about raising money to match grant funds, but you understand what I mean. Matching grant funds is fun. And so is bowling.

On a semi-related note: I think raffles may be obsolete. No one carries cash or checks anymore, and it's illegal to sell them on the internet (we discovered). Whatever. So how are you supposed to sell raffle tickets if no one carries cash?

So if you are reading this, then you are a friend of Urban Samurai. So come out to Park Tavern on Wednesday and celebrate 5 awesome years of theater producing goodness. And for christsake, bring cash.

No comments: