Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm a big girl and I deserve big girl things...

... like Photoshop?

Good grief, I am six degrees of confused with photoshop. Now of course I am brand new to it, and we have things to do. You know, emails, flyers, ads, and so on. And so I'm learning as I go.

There's a lot to be impressed with, I must say. Like last night, when I found a magical button that will erase the entire background of your image with one click. That's really hot, I thought to myself, and started looking for pictures to do that with. Who needs backgrounds, anyway? I can see that photoshop is powerful; so mighty in fact that it is a verb.

But the terrible awesomeness of it, the sheer size and magnitude of the thing, is a bit overwhelming. Kind of like standing in the cockpit of a plane, looking at all the dials and knobs and levers. In the right hands, you can fly a plane. In the wrong hands, well... you get the point. Let us hope that the introduction of photoshop into my life will prove to be a step forward, rather than a sure sign of the apocalypse.

No comments: